The Megane hatchback is a different car to the coupe and Renaultsport versions. It is more geared towards being a solid and reliable family car. There’s a three and five door model which are both practical and sensible in terms of price. It’s a nice, modern looking car on the outside. The understated styling will appeal to most family car owners. The materials on the inside feel top quality and there is good room. There’s an impressive level of standard kit there too. Cabin space is decent with plenty of room front and back. There’s also a decent sized boot. On the road, the Megane is easy to drive. It handles well, the ride is smooth and comfortable, and the steering is responsive and well-weighted. There are some excellent petrol and diesel engines.
• Previous models had suffered from electrical niggles
• The build quality of the Megane hatch is excellent
• High level of standard equipment and safety features
• There are some fantastic diesel options available
• The cabin is well designed and looks top quality
• Rear headroom is somewhat compromised by the sloping roofline