The XF was like a breath of fresh air at a time when German-built cars had a monopoly on the market. Jaguar moved the XF from more traditional looks to give it an all new style. This included a brand new grille design, and sharp, sleek bodywork. The interior is outstanding and you have a range of powerhouse engines to choose from. The cabin, one of the best quality you’re likely to see, is refined, comfortable, full of soft-touch materials, and laden with the latest technology. Some of the standard kit includes LED daytime running lights, Intelligent Stop/Start, keyless entry and ignition, climate control, 7 inch touch-screen, Bluetooth, and multi-functional steering wheel with paddle gear shifters. There is a wide range of powerful petrol and diesel engines. The handling is excellent; there is good, sharp steering and it takes corners so easily in its stride.
• Rear brake pads and discs may need to be changed every 32,000km
• One of the best interiors around; full of soft-touch materials
• Really refined and quiet on the move; smooth ride quality
• It handles superbly; the steering is excellent
• There is a lot of standard equipment
• Space in the rear is not as good as some of its rivals