It is hard to believe but there was a waiting list in Ireland for this. The Qashqai is, simply, the first crossover and it hit exactly the right spot. Nissan freely admit it is their champion car and they have worked hard to make it that. This is one of the most sought after crossovers in the world. It has its own Qashqai looks and huge versatility. Add in Nissan’s reputation for reliability and keen pricing and you get a package that is hard to beat. The cabin is spacious, comfortable, and quite refined. There’s a good level of standard kit and lots of comfort. It will take the family in comfort too and there is a fairly big boot to take their belongings. It is a smooth operator on the road with an ability to easily cope with bumps and crevices on its journeys. This is down to the chassis which is supple but sturdy. Good choice of frugal engines too.
• A knocking noise from the rear shock absorbers means they needs replacing
• It is a practical car; plenty of space in the boot and cabin
• Drives well on the road
• It feels very and comfortable on the move
• Generous level of standard kit and safety features
• Ride quality is slightly bouncy on the road